Applying for UK Settlement Visas

UK Settlement Visas

Our solicitors can help you secure permanent or temporary UK residence for your family. We’ll assist you as you apply for UK settlement visas, including visas for spouse and family settlements.

Carter Law Can Help you Apply for Family & Spouse Settlement Visas

  • Spouse Visa
  • Fiancé Visa
  • Family Settlement Visa
  • Dependent Child Visa
  • Adult Dependent Visa
  • Family Members of Migrant Workers

Spouse & Civil Partner Visa

If you are settled in the UK and wish for your wife or husband to come and live with you, you will need to apply for leave to enter for an initial 30 months, ideally followed by an indefinite leave to remain and potentially British Citizenship.

There are a number of requirements that you need to meet in order to be initially successful, including a minimum income of £18,600 and proof of a valid marriage. Our trained spouse immigration lawyers are experienced in helping couples find a happy future in the UK and their expertise can help guide you through every stage of the process.

Fiancé / Fiancée Visa

If you are settled in the UK and wish to get married to someone from a non-EEA country, an application for a fiancé visa must be made before they travel to the UK. If successful, this will allow the partner to stay in the UK for a period of 6 months, during which time the marriage must be registered. After being married, you can apply for further leave to remain as a spouse or civil partner.

The rules covering fiancé visas cover aspects as the suitability of the relationship, financial situation and English language requirements, but our immigration solicitors can give support and practical advice as you seek to marry and settle in the UK.

Child & Adult Dependents

If you are the child or adult dependant of a British Citizen or someone with settled status, you may be able to apply for a visa to come to the UK.

Children under 18 of a British Citizen or settled person can apply to come to the UK, as long as they are not leading an independent life. The parent living in the UK must also show that they meet the financial requirements of the application and that they can provide for the child without access to public funding.

Adult Family Dependents

Adult family dependents of a British Citizen (including parents, grandparents, siblings and children over the age of 18) can only apply for settled status in exceptional circumstance.

For example, where they are dependent on personal care which is either not available or is too expensive in their home country and which the UK sponsor can provide. There are various rules in order to apply, but we can provide expert advice to assess your case individually.

Family Members of Migrant Workers

As a partner of a migrant worker, you can apply to join them as a PBS dependant providing you intend to live with them and your relationship is genuine. For dependent children, you must again show that you have also not formed an independent family unit or leading an independent life. The migrant worker will need to show that that they can support you without relying on public funds.

To ensure the best chances of success, a consultation with a specialist family solicitor is important to ensure that your application demonstrates that it meets all the criteria of a family visa.

Experts in Family Visa Applications & Immigration

We understand that the area of Immigration law can be time critical. Therefore, we provide a service that is quick without compromising on quality and attention to detail.

Carter Law are Accredited by the Law Society in Immigration and Asylum Law, demonstrating that our solicitors have and maintain a high level of knowledge, skills, experience and practice.

With our 100% track record for points based system applications, we certainly tick all the boxes when it comes to providing support and a quality service.

Appeals for Rejected Family or Spousal Visa Applications

If you have made an application for a Spouse or Dependent Visa and it has been refused, you might be able to appeal that decision. Our family immigration solicitors will review the grounds of refusal and prepare your appeal for you. For more information on appeals, please visit our appeals page.

Contact Our Manchester Office to Discuss Applications for UK Settlement Visas

We have various fixed-fee packages to suit your requirements, whether you only require advice, a review of your application or assistance in preparing your visitor visa application.

If you wish to discuss how you or your family can apply for a UK settle visa, then do not hesitate to contact Carter Law. Our immigration experts are on-hand to assist you through this complex process.

To book a consultation with an immigration solicitor, please call us on 0844 414 0667