Visitor Visa Applications

UK Visitor Visas

If you are a non-European national and wish to visit the UK, our solicitors can assist with visitor visa application.  UK visitor visas is available under various categories and the law surrounding them can sometimes be confusing, which is Carter Law are here to help you.

Apply for a Visitor Visa in Manchester with Carter Law

There are many reasons you may wish to visit the UK, but for all types of visit, you will generally need to apply for a visa if you’re  a non-EU resident. The type of visa will depend on the purpose of your visit, but common reasons our immigration solicitors often deal with include visiting friends and family, undertaking business, for study or for medical treatment.

Visitors are generally permitted to remain in the UK for up to 6 months.

The eligibility criterion depends on the type of visitor visa you are applying for. In all cases, you must show that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visa period, that you have sufficient funds to support yourself through the visit, plus onward and return travel.

Best Chance at a Successful Outcome

To ensure the best chances of success, a consultation with a specialist visitor visa solicitor is important to ensure that your application demonstrates you meet all the criteria of a visitor visa.

We have various fixed-fee visitor visa packages to suit your requirements. Whether you only require advice, a review of your application or assistance in preparing to apply for your visitor visa.

General, Family & Business Visitor Visa Applications & Extensions

General Visitor & Tourist Visa

For general visitors or tourists who wish to come to the UK to meet friends and family, to take a holiday or enjoy a sightseeing tour, there certain criteria your application must meet before your visa is granted. You cannot stay for longer than six months and must be able to demonstrate that you can afford the cost of return travel.

Also, there are a number of activities you’re a prohibited from engaging in whilst on a general UK visitor visa. For example, you cannot study or undertake business.

You must also produce a number of specific documents, including evidence of ties to your home country, you may have to prove ownership of property for example.

Family Visitor Visa

If you want to apply for a UK Family Visitor Visa, then the Home Office will need you to prove the identity of the family member you intend to visit during your stay. This is in addition to the rules that apply to the general visitor visa, such as being able to prove you have enough money to support yourself during your stay.

Business Visitor Visa

You’ll find that an application for a business visitor visa will require you to submit a great deal more information and evidence that a standard tourist visa. There are also restrictions on who can be issued with business visas. You must be employed overseas and be visiting the UK on your employer’s behalf.

It is important that those on business visitor visas only act as an adviser, trainer or consultant to a UK branch of the overseas firm they are employed by.

Furthermore, a business visitor cannot receive their payment from a source in the UK, the exception being if they work for a multinational that deals with the payment of all their salaries from within the UK.

There are some complex rules that govern the issuing of UK business visas, so let our expert solicitors guide you through the process.

Short Term Study Visa

UK Short Term Study Visas can be applied for by those wishing to the study a short-course in the UK, for example a work training course. For those who intend to study long term, in high education, then they must apply for a tier 4 student visa.

If you are studying an English language course, then you’re student visitor visa will allow you to stay for 11 months rather than 6. However, for any other type of study, the 6 month rule still applies.

There are number of prerequisites common to all visitor visa applications that must be fulfilled and certain activities, such as undertaking any form of paid employment, those holding a short term study visitor visa are prohibited from.

Other UK Visitor Visas

  • Prospective Entrepreneur Visa
  • Entertainer Visitors Visa
  • Sportsperson Visitors Visa
  • Permitted Paid-Engagement Visitors Visa
  • Student Visitors Visa
  • Visitors In Transit Visa
  • Special Visitors Visa
  • Child Visitors Visa

Extending My UK Visitor Visa

If you wish to extend your short-term or visitor visa and your stay in the UK, our immigration solicitors offer advice and guidance on how to approach this matter. There are a number of circumstances whereby you can extend a UK visitor visa, and our experts will help you to understand often complex process of applying for extension.

Appeal Against Refused Short Term Visa

If you have made an application for a Visitor Visa and it has been refused, you might be able to appeal that decision. Our solicitors will review the grounds of refusal and prepare your appeal for you. For more information on appeals, please visit our appeals page.

Contact our Manchester Office to Apply for Short Term Visitor Visas

Our solicitors understand that applying for a UK visitor visa isn’t always straightforward and many people encounter difficulties during the application process.

Carter Law are Accredited by the Law Society Immigration and Asylum Law, so you can rest assured that when it comes to immigration, we know our stuff. If you want to improve you chances of a successful UK visitor visa application don’t hesitate to contact Carter Law at our Manchester offices.

To book a consultation with an immigration solicitor, please call us on 0844 414 0667